Over the years, we have tested a variety of wide tooth combs. Some were wooden while others were plastic. And after spending hundreds of dollars, we determined one of the best wide tooth combs on the market is the Hercules Sagemann Magic Star hair comb.
When we purchased the Hercules Sagemann Magic Star hair comb many years ago, it was on a private website. It was so long ago, we do not even have our confirmation email regarding the purchase. So we do not remember the website’s name. All we had in our possession was the comb. Years later, we still have the comb and it is still in great shape.
Despite our love affair with the comb, we have never mentioned it on LengthyHair.com because we did not know if the comb was still available for purchase. We did not want to get any hopes up. Well, that changed today! We found the comb available for purchase on Amazon and couldn’t wait to post this review and share the great news with all of our wonderful subscribers and visitors.
Hercules Sagemann Magic Star Hair Comb Features
According to their Amazon description, the Hercules Sagemann Magic Star hair comb has the following features:
- Hand made in Germany by Hercules Sagemann since 1856
- Crafted from 100% natural vulcanized hard rubber
- Almost indestructible
- Entirely seamless teeth ensure perfect gliding without [awful] pulling
- Heat and chemical resistant.
- Ideal comb for salon or at-home use
- Excellent for bouncing curls, long or thick hair
Again, after using this comb for years, we can attest that their claims are fairly accurate. Some of the pros we found will using the Hercules Sagemann Magic Star hair comb are as follow:
- This comb was built to last! When they claim it is “indestructible”, they are not joking. We have kept the comb in our arsenal for almost 10 years!
- It is seamless! Seams are known to snag hair strands. No seams means no unnecessary hair loss.
- It works for all hair types. It doesn’t matter if your hair is thick, thin, curly, coily, or straight.
- The handle makes it easy to grip and use.
Over the years, we have not found many cons regarding the Hercules Sagemann Magic Star hair comb. However, there are some features that consumers may take issue with. They are as follows:
- The comb may be considered expensive. Right now on Amazon in the United States it costs $19.99 USD.
- The flat and wide teeth are more ideal for detangling dry hair not wet.
- The comb may be considered too large by some individuals. We actually love the large size and large teeth for thick hair.
Do you own the Hercules Sagemann Magic Star hair comb? If so, let us know about your experience in the comments.
Video credit: CurlyKimmyStar | Youtube