Having long and healthy locks is every woman’s dream. Give your tresses a hair growth boost with scalp massages. Scalp massages will increase blood circulation to your hair follicles and alleviate stress. Not to mention, it will stimulate your hair’s natural oil, which will aid in conditioning your hair strands.
If you have tried several methods in the past but failed, we recommend you try some of these quick tips:
- Massage the scalp a few times a week. You don’t want to massage too much as you do not want to make your scalp sore. And massaging too little, will not help you reap the benefits.
- We suggest to massage for five minutes. Five minutes is a good amount of time to get the blood flowing. However, please be mindful, there isn’t a widely recommended amount of time. So use your judgement.
- Remember to use the pads of your finger tips and not your nails. You don’t want to cause irritation or small cuts on your scalp. Be gentle.
- Try massaging with a few drops of oil. Try coconut and almond if you want a light application. Heavier oils like olive or castor would be best to use if you are shampooing afterwards. Remember less is best. You don’t want to make your hair too oily.
- Don’t focus on one area. Move your fingertips around in a methodical manner. Use circles and very soft tugs. Again, be gentle and make sure this is a relaxing experience.
Please remember, if you have any medical conditions, particularly involving the hair or scalp, consult with your doctor first.
2 thoughts on “Scalp Massages and Hair Growth”