The summer of 2014 is here and based on the thermometers it is going to be a hot one! The higher the mercury goes the drier your hair will get. Why?
– The Sun can and will zap moisture from your hair.
– The chlorine (a.k.a. bleach) in pools will strip your hair, especially your hair color.
– Your sweat, which is partly comprised of salt, will cool you down, but dry out your hair.
Moisturize and condition on a regular basis. Sounds simple, right? It is.
Here are some ways you can keep your hair from drying out:
– Before going to bed at night lightly apply a moisturizer and/or oil to your strands. Cover with satin/silk scarf or bonnet. Or at least sleep on a silk/satin pillowcase.
– Wet your hair and lightly coat your hair with conditioner before hitting the beach or pool.
– Going to be a lot of walking on a scorching day? Lightly spritz your tresses with a leave in moisturizer or conditioner and either put your hair in a bun or braid. You could also opt for wearing a hat.
-On wash day, let the conditioner stay on your hair for at least 30 minutes. Pamper your hair and it will be good to you.
– And whenever possible try to air dry and give the heat-styling tools a rest.
Photo credit: Freedigitalphotos.net | David Castillo Dominici