For years, I have been using my beloved CHI Deep Brilliance Orange Hair Dryer. However, lately, the product-junkie in me has been itching to try something new. Recently, I noticed my hair is dull a few days after a blow-out, and I suspect the hair dryer may be the culprit. So while perusing YouTube, I found a lot of YouTubers were raving about the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler. I was doubtful of their unanimous reaction, so I decided to try it.
Should you buy it (✔️) or save your money (❌)?
I bought my Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler in black on Amazon.com! It cost me a total of $40.06 (USD) — $37.79 for the dryer and $2.27 in sales tax. I love using Amazon because I received my order in two days.
Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler Features
According to the description on the box, the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler has the following features:
- Power of a dryer, precision of a styler
- Smooth results with less frizz in half the time
- Iconic Technology –> reduces frizz and enhance shine
- Large Paddle Design –> dries and smooths hair quickly
- Detangling Bristles –> help dry, smooth and style hair
- Lightweight, Ergonomic Design –> for maximum comfort and ease of use
I have only used this tool once, but I must say I am amazed! Some of the pros I found using the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler are as follow:
- It is inexpensive. Most quality hair tools cost hundreds of dollars. I was more than happy to pay $40.06.
- My hair was S-M-O-O-T-H! I still can’t believe how smooth it made my hair. I genuinely believe this was the smoothest my 3c/4a hair has ever been in my life after blow-drying! Nothing changed in my regimen, except the hair dryer.
- Frizz be gone! Like I said above, my hair was smooth. I had zero frizz and a lot of natural shine. It wasn’t a greasy shine either. It was a silky shine.
- Done in half the time! I can’t speak for everyone, but I was finished blow-drying in 30 minutes. It usually takes me an hour. My legs were not sweaty or burning from standing so long, either.
- The design is surprisingly lightweight. When I made my purchase, the design looked bulky to me, but I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to handle it. My arm never got tired.
- I lost less hair. Usually with my CHI, shed hair gets blown around the bathroom, but not with this hair tool. The paddle brush collected the hair. When I was finished drying my hair, I only had a little bit of hair loss.
I honestly cannot think of many cons, but some features that consumers may take issue with are as follows:
- May not be available internationally. I saw one YouTuber in the UK mention it may not be available overseas, which is a con. Revlon will need to make this fantastic hair tool available for everyone.
- Limited Settings. This hair tool only has a cool, low, and high setting. On my CHI, I can have high speed and low heat, and vice versa. I chose to use the high setting after letting my hair air dry to about 60%, but it would be nice to have a medium setting.
- Durability. I have seen some people question the strength of the bristles or the entire tool itself. My bristles were intact after the first use and had no electrical issues. I will provide an update if this changes.
(✔️) I believe the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler is a buy! It has changed my life after one use. You can find it on Amazon here.
Want to see this hair tool in action? Check out the lovely Naptural85’s video:
Video credit: Naptural85 | YouTube
Do you already own it? If so, let us know about your experience in the comments. Stay tuned to www.lengthyhair.com for more tips.