The pandemic surpassed the one-year mark last month in the United States. Like some of you, we have been working full-time at home. Just because we are home and not going into the office, that doesn’t mean we can neglect our lovely tresses. For the most part, I have been keeping up with my hair regimen. However, I have been protective styling even more. At the moment, my favorite protective hairstyle at the moment is the bun – the braided bun in particular!
Re-create My Protective Hairstyle
My hair loves to tangle and develop single-strand knots. To combat this from happening, I like to moisturize and protective hairstyle often.
Steps for My Braided Bun:
- On clean and conditioned hair, I lightly apply a leave-in (it can be water or oil-based). I prefer a moisturizer with an oil base if my hair has been straightened.
- Secure the hair in a ponytail using a hair tie.
- Braid the hair down — leaving the last one inch loose.
- The ends are secured with another hair tie. I may add a few drops of oil to my ends.
- I then wrap the entire braid around itself to create a bun. Finally, securing it will a satin scrunchie. Voila! Done.
- Optional: Give some love to your baby hairs and edges. I love to use the Taliah Waajid Curls, Waves, and Naturals Hairline Help 2 in 1.
- Your hair can be damp or dry. I prefer dry hair as my hair tangles easily.
- Don’t secure the ponytail too tightly as you don’t want to cause any damage to your hair, hairline, or nape.
- Consider taking your hair down every few days to detangle and remove shed hair with a wide-tooth comb. Shed hairs can be the main culprit behind tangling and single-strand knots.
- If you want a sleek look, place a satin scarf over your hair for 10-15 minutes.
Please check out the beautiful Ebonys World’s YouTube video.
Support her by watching, sharing, and subscribing.
Her quarantine hairstyle is perfect for those with long hair and very similar, if not the same as mine. The only difference is I wrap my braided ponytail around into a bun.
What is your favorite pandemic (or quarantine) hairstyle? Let us know in the comments. HHG!
Video Credit: Ebonys World | YouTube
If you would like to send financial support, please give it to Lengthy Hair® here. Or send money to our Cash App: $MIHMedia. No amount is too little. We are thankful for every dollar.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, we may earn a commission.